Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bad Signs Around Town

I'll start off by saying I'm notorious for correcting emails circulating at work for spelling errors and basic grammar issues. So, it should come as a surprise that I am bothered by this homemade sign for a barber. First there is the obvious issue with spelling. There is the off chance I am completely wrong and this is actually a sign for the fitness gym loaded with barbells located in the same strip mall, but I doubt it. Then there is the problem with word placement. What is with all that white space? Maybe use bigger letters and center the letters?

A mile down the road is a homemade telephone post sign for handyman services.

This last sign is for the Grand Opening of a Great Clips. There is actually nothing wrong with the sign, but I find it strange to advertise a "haircut sale". I really don't know how else to word it, but "haircut sale" just has a strange ring to it.

No comments: