Saturday, March 10, 2007

3 Day Blinds (and More?)

I was recently reminded about an incident at a "3 Day Blinds" while in Rancho Cordova to pick up artwork I had framed at Michaels.

Three years ago I worked with a woman that needed to have some blinds ordered for her home. Since there was a "3 Day Blinds and More" located in the Target shopping center in Rancho, she went there during her lunch break. When she came back, I asked her how the purchase went. Well, it didn't, and here's why.

When my co-worker tried to confirm her order would be available for pick-up in 3 days, she was told it would take longer. This prompted her to ask why the chain was called "3 Day Blinds"? The answer was a bit ridiculous and funny. The salesperson responded to her by saying the store is called "3 Day Blinds and More". And this would be a situation where it would be "and More". Some more back-and-forth ensued with my co-worker finally leaving without purchasing any blinds.

With driving past this same store last week, I noticed the "and More" portion of the store sign was no longer there. Either too many people complained about the ridiculous "and More" clause in product delivery or these stores no longer carry items beyond blinds.

No comments: